Diwali: Hindu Festival of Lights
The holiday season is revving up, and we’re getting in the party mood. Just yesterday, Hindus celebrated Diwali, or the Festival of Lights. Just two weeks away is Thanksgiving. Hanukkah follows 10 days later. Not too long after there’s Christmas, Kwanzaa and New Year’s Eve.
Just the list-making is taxing: ingredients for holiday tables; holiday gifts and cards; hostess gifts; home decorating.
So today we thought we’d help out — at least those of you who have hot tubs, and who will no doubt be making your spa part of the merry-making. We’ve got one list already done that you can just save on your smartphone, or print out.
But we must give proper credit first. We received this helpful list for hot tub parties in a detailed comment on our blog a while back. Signing as C. Norman, the commenter shared his own experience in hosting hot tub parties. Here’s his ideas and comments:
“…Over the years I’ve thrown some incredible hot tub parties and my Bullfrog Spa has survived some stuff I don’t even want to mention. I’ve learned a thing or two about spa parties and how to host the best party on the block. Hopefully these tips will help you throw an amazing party yourself.”
- 1. Make sure your water is clean and clear. This might seem like a no brainer, but it has happened. People show up for the hot tub party and it’s the first time I’ve opened the cover in weeks. Give your water a quick shock the night before and then just before the party starts. Then add some spa scents. Perfect water will help make a perfect party.
Hot Tub Party Tip # 1: Have very clean water.
- 2. Have plenty of water and other beverages for everyone to drink. Seems strange, but it is easy to become dehydrated in the hot tub. Keep a wide variety so everyone keeps drinking liquids.
- 3. Don’t ever use glass around the hot tub. Nothing ruins a hot tub party quicker than a dropped and broken bottle, glass, or wine flute, in or around the hot tub. Plastic water and soda bottles, safe plastic tumblers, or even the classic red Dixie cups work great!
Hot Tub Party Tip # 3: There are lots of festive and attractive drinks vehicles for drinks, in plastic or paper, just not glass.
- 4. Make sure your spa has the LED hot tub lights . These multi-color lights set the mood and are entertaining. If you don’t have LED lights on your tub, get an inexpensive floating LED light show for about $25. It will be worth it!
Hot Tub Party Tip # 4: LED lights are capable of producing virtually any color.
- 5. The best thing about your Bullfrog hot tub is the JetPaks. You know this, but at your party its time to show off the JetPaks and let everyone pick their favorite.
Hot Tub Party Tip # 5. Let your guests personalize their spa experience by choosing a JetPak Massage Seat. (They make great gifts, too!)
- 6. Set your temp to 100 degrees. This might seem to cool at first, but after a while, you will be glad. Setting the water a little cooler than usual will make it easier to just jump in and will allow you and your friends to enjoy the spa party longer.
- 7. Make sure there are plenty of things to do other than hot tubbing! Have a BBQ going, some games and have a comfortable place to sit outside the tub. You will find that most people will gravitate to the hot tub, but this way there will always be plenty to do before and after the tub.
Hot Tub Party Tip # 7: Setting up a seating area near your hot tub lets guests take breaks from the spa’s hot water.
- 8. Clean the area around the hot tub before people track dirt and grass into the spa. Your guests will probably not be as particular as you are and if the area isn’t clean they will bring the dirt and grass on their feet into the hot tub.
- 9. Throw your party the night before you drain the hot tub! This is a great way to say farewell to your spa water without worrying about what is being done to it!
“Good Luck on your next hot tub party!” ~ C. Norman, Bullfrog Spa Owner.
Our thanks again to C. Norman for his good tips.